Lakeside Occasions is the perfect venue for other special events such as corporate outings, holiday celebrations, family reunions, showers, graduations, birthdays, and anniversaries, etc. Because we reserve Fridays and Saturdays for weddings, other events must be held on a weekday or Sunday between the hours of 11 am and 9 pm.
Rental rates are as follows:
The Coop (accommodates 30-50 guests) $150/hour – minimum of $500
Rental of the Barn – Downstairs (accommodates 50-75 guests) $150/hour – minimum of $500
Rental of the Barn – Main Floor (accommodates 75-200 guests) $250/hour – minimum of $1000
*Decorating and clean up time is not separate from the rental fee, so should be factored into the total rented hours of your event.
All Event Packages include
- Exclusive use of the rented facility and lakeside grounds with gazebo
- Tables and chairs for up to 200 guests. Additional chairs are $2 each. Tables are $10 – they seat 8 (Note: We do not provide linens.)
- Tables for food & drinks (rustic trough available for bottled & canned beverages. Ice is not provided.)
- Restrooms (located in The Coop)
- On-site Parking and parking sign, traffic cones
- 30 minute consultation + 1 additional scheduled visit for planning purposes
- Built-in bar area + outdoor grain bin bar (see below for bar policies)
- Prep kitchen w/ refrigerator, microwave, & sink
- Trash removal after event (trash bags provided by venue)
DEPOSITS & PAYMENTS
A non-refundable down payment (half the rental fee) is required to reserve your date, along with a completed rental contract. The remaining balance is due no later than one week prior to the event.
A $30 late fee will be applied to final balances that are not postmarked one week before the event. If payment is not received prior to the day of the event, Lakeside Occasions reserves the right to terminate your event and all paid monies become non refundable.
A $150 Security Deposit is required with your final payment. It is refundable unless there are damages, excessive cleaning was required, or our alcohol policy was violated.
Lakeside Occasions will deduct the cost of cleanup ($50/hour) and/or repairs from the Security Deposit and provide an itemized list of costs with the balance (if any) within 10 days of the event.
*We prefer payments by check, but will accept cash, cashier’s checks or credit cards by phone. All CC payments will incur a 3% processing fee. Checks should be made out to Lakeside Occasions.
We do not require that you use our venue’s preferred caterers, however they are familiar with our facilities and each provides excellent services!
- EmmaCafe:MollyMichael-260-593-9025–[email protected]
- Rulli’s: Stacey Dancer- 574-825-7222 – [email protected]
- Nelson’s/Elegance in Thyme: Jennifer Hoke – 574-862-2184 x115 – [email protected]
All alcohol must be provided and served by Lakeside Occasions. We allow a basic beer and wine package for non-wedding events and will provide a bar menu upon request. We do not allow hard liquor or shots.
*It is mandatory that a security officer be present when alcohol is served. The fee is $30/hour (subject to change) due in cash on the day of the event.
You must sign and return our alcohol and smoking agreement prior to the event or there will be no bar.
*Renters must also sign and distribute to vendors our Facility Use Agreement and return prior to the event.
Have a date in mind for your event?
The barn is available for weddings Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays from April through November.
Schedule a Tour
Ready to see us in person?
If the barn is available on your event date, then contact us to schedule a tour of the property!
Words of Endearment
Brides, grooms, and guests share their experiences at Lakeside Occasions
Our day could not have been any more perfect.
Taylor & Wesley
Thanks for helping make our special day extraordinary.
Liz & Les